Friday, September 29, 2017

12/19/12 YOU HELP WRITE THE ENDING

12/19/12 YOU HELP WRITE THE ENDING

If you don't like emotion, and/or you don't like to see an old man cry, don't read my comment below.

I Hope this Helps...

I usually watch the news while eating my breakfast, but this morning I tuned into a rerun of Boy Meets World; the one where Corey is losing his closest friends for the summer and his older brother (Eric) is going to travel across country before going to college.

The problem, Eric has always been too cool and too removed from Corey (three years Eric's junior) to actually be close to him, to be his friend, or to simply get to know him. This really bothered me. I have seen this happen in real life, and responded with shocked incredulity as God's plan for closest friends (siblings) deteriorated because one of them (regardless of their position in the sibling order) either ignored or verbally abused his/her siblings. A self centered person can run roughshod over other people, robbing them of something beautiful, then walk away, callously blaming the offended one for being too sensitive. I have watched as the offended family members reached out to the offender, only to be ignored or rebuffed, again and again.

I was raised as an only child. I cannot tell you how many times I would have loved to have had a brother. I would watch with admiration as some of my friends enjoyed their closeness with siblings and then wonder with amazement when I saw others treat their siblings with disdain or simply ignore them.

I have seen children raised in loving Christian households become enemies, and conversely, I have seen the children of non believers, alcoholics, abusers, who grew into loving, considerate, sensitive adults.

The episode ended with Corey and Eric finally connecting and starting a meaningful relationship. Sometimes Hollywood gets it right while the real world misses it completely.
And yes, I did sit and cry as I watched the sadness of broken relationships, and
I cried again as I watched Hollywood's version of reconciliation.
I cry because there is so much brokenness and
I cry because so many people choose not to take self denying steps to reconcile with those they have offended.
I cry because God's will is thwarted by pride.
I cry because entire lifetimes and endless generations are broken and un-restored.
I cry because time runs out, leaving a trail of unresolved conflicts.

Yes, there is still hope for messed up relationships, but the longer it takes to restore those relationships, the more pain and loss there will be, and the harder it will be to reconcile.

Christ suffered humiliation and loss in order to reconcile us to God, and He was not guilty of anything.

Too bad that those who have hurt other people and have broken their relationship with others will not humble themselves and take the hard steps of reconciliation.

(please think on these things)

Psalms 133:1
(1) ...Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

John 13:34-35
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 17:20-22
(20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
(21) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

1 Corinthians 1:10
(10) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Ephesians 4:1-3
(1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Philippians 2:2-8
(2) Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
(3) Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
(4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
(5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
(6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

1 Peter 3:8-11
(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.